Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, October 2, 2010

30 Days of Me: Day 1

So, today is the first day of my "30 Days of me". Today's topic, my favorite song.

It seems like this would be an easy topic, except for the fact that I don't really have a favorite song. I like all kinds of music, and I have many preferred songs from each genre, but no real favorite. The songs that I do consider my favorites, rotate daily, weekly, or monthly.

For instance, I really like country music. One of my favorite artists is Carrie Underwood. I absolutely love her voice! She has always been a great singer, but over the years she's only gotten better. I also love Martina McBride, Sara Evans, and the Dixie Chicks. I grew up listening/singing to their music, and every time I hear one of their songs on the radio, it reminds me of being little. I loved locking myself in my room, blasting my radio, and singing along. Haha! Who am I kidding, I still do that today!

Basically, my favorite songs are songs that I can sing to. I love to sing. It is my favorite past time. It's what I do when I'm happy, sad, stressed, scared, etc. It's what keeps me company when I'm alone. Music puts me to sleep, and wakes me up in the morning. It's the one thing that can come from anything. Music doesn't have to be songs and lyrics. I doesn't have to make sense. I can make you laugh, cry, think, wonder, imagine. Music tells stories. Music can be anything from a song on the radio, to the rain falling on the ground, or leaves blowing in the wind.

If you couldn't tell already, music is my life. I was in the marching band in High School, as well as the Chamber Chior. I'll never forget the memories that were made, the crazy things that we did, and the trouble we got into during that time.

Well, now I'm starting to ramble, and I think you've all got the picture. So I'll leave you with one of my favorite songs this week. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment